It’s that time of year again (no not Christmas, not yet)! I’m A Celebrity 2019 started on Sunday 17th November and runs until 8th December – so we’re all set for three weeks of jungle related mayhem and social media meltdown!
Last year’s I’m A Celeb had the biggest audience yet and this year’s could be even more massive now that Ant and Dec back together hosting again. Everyone loves I’m a Celeb, even people who normally hate reality TV, and that’s because it has quite a different premise to other reality shows. In programmes such as Celebrity Big Brother the contestants are in conflict with each other whereas in I’m A Celeb it’s much more about the conflict between the contestants and the jungle environment which is altogether nicer.
This year’s contestants are:
- Roman Kemp – Capital FM DJ (and son of him out of Spandau Ballet)
- Nadine Coyle – Former Girls Aloud singer
- Myles Stephenson – Member of X Factor winners Rak-Su
- Kate Garraway – TV presenter
- James Haskell – Former rugby player
- Jacqueline Jossa – Former soap star (EastEnders)
- Ian Wright – Former footballer
- Caitlyn Jenner – TV personality
- Andrew Maxwell – Comedian
- Adele Roberts – Radio One DJ
We’re a bit disappointed to see no politicians as that’s always good for a laugh, but neverthless it’s an exciting line-up which has already got everyone talking because of the absence of Coronation Street and Royle Family actor Andrew Whyment who was widely rumoured to be taking part. Interestingly a couple of well known bookies are still taking bets on him – so it looks likely that he’ll show up as a late arrival. Will he be the only late arrival though? There was only one last year but in every other series that has been aired since 2004, there have been more – and former EastEnders actor Cliff Parisi is tipped to be another late arrival.
I’m a Celebrity has always had an association with online bingo sites and (like last year and indeed the year before) the 2019 show is being sponsored by Tombola Arcade and the #tombolabugs. That means lots of jungle themed promotions:
- 10K @ 10 – a guaranteed £10,000 full house in the 10pm bingo90 game at Tombola Bingo every night the show is on
- Bug Shapes – an extra £20 for winners on a bug shape in bingo75, 8pm until midnight on 17th and 18th November
- Bug Match – a free daily game that can be played twice a day (once on Bingo and once on Arcade) with cash prizes of £5 to £10,000, worth £250,000 in total
- Star Search – play £1 cash on Arcade, 6pm – 9pm to unlock your daily game card then play before 10pm. Match 3 stars the same colour to win a cash prize of up to £500
- Jungle Driveaway – get one entry into this prize draw for playing a 10K @ 10 game and one for playing a Star Search game, plus one for each play on Bug Match. The prize is a Land Rover Discovery Sport.
This year, we decided that we would also do something special at Best New Bingo Sites to celebrate I’m a Celebrity – so we’ve created our very own interactive I’m A Celeb bingo card! Download and print or play online – how many days of the show do you think it will take to reach coverall?