Bingo Sites with Slots Bonus
- Many online bingo sites have now cottoned on to the fact that lots of us like to play slots as well as bingo
- These bingo sites all offer a slots bonus as well as or even instead of a bingo bonus welcome offer
- Always check the wagering requirements before accepting a slots bonus, as they can be very steep
Betfair Bingo is a Virtue Fusion / Playtech bingo site which was first launched in 2013. For a while the bingo was looking a little…
Bet365 is perhaps the most British of British bookies (bet365.com originated in a Portakabin in a car park in Stoke-on-Trent and is now the…
This big name Virtue Fusion site has all the usual promotions and big prizes, one of the best welcome bonuses you’ll find on a…
This big name Virtue Fusion site has a large selection of games and promotions (including some exclusive ones) every day, all delivered with a…
Virgin Games was taken over by Gamesys in early 2013 but it wasn’t until the summer of 2015 that it received a much needed makeover….
Sun Bingo is now a Virtue Fusion / Playtech bingo site – but with a difference.
The Sun newspaper’s bingo site has been around since 2009. It…
It was all change at bgo in Summer 2015 – the site migrated from unique bingo software to the Virtue Fusion platform and became fronted by Paris Hilton (although she…
Ted Bingo is brought to you by the people behind Gossip Bingo, Loony Bingo, Tip Top Bingo and…
mFortune, which was UK regulated from the start, is mobile based, and you register via a passcode which is sent to your mobile, but you…
Bingo.com is a name that has been around for years and years. It is now owned by the Kindred Group (aka Unibet) and has…
Bingo Sites for Slots Players
- Why play slots?
- Favourite slots for bingo players
- Slots bonus - how does it work?
- Slots bonus vs free spins
- Other types of slot promotion
- Find out more
Why play slots?
Lots of bingo players also like to play online slot machines, and there are many reasons why slots play can be appealing. Slots are both more visually attractive and have a much better RTP
than bingo (typically 95% or more). There's no need to wait for the next game to start (and in fact many slots can be played as mini games inside a bingo room while waiting for the next bingo game). Players can choose from a large range of slots all with different themes, special features and bonus rounds and this can stop them from becoming bored with the relatively small selection of bingo games. There's also the possibility (however tiny) of winning a really huge, life changing sum of money in the form of a progressive jackpot
Although slots are not everyone's cup of tea (it is possible to spend a lot of money very quickly and some players prefer to avoid this, while others dislike the solitary nature of slots play and prefer to participate in the bingo room chat in between games) they are clearly very popular, so much so that even Tombola
, who for many years made a point of not having any slots on their bingo site, now have the Tombola
Arcade (which can be played with a Tombola Bingo login) for slots lovers.
Many bingo sites now offer a slots bonus as part of their welcome offer and/or ongoing promotions.
Favourite slots for bingo players and where to find them
is so ubiquitous in the world of online bingo that it is easier to say where you WONT find it - Microgaming, Relax Gaming, Parlay, White Hat, B-live and a handful of Cozy and smaller Virtue Fusion bingo sites. To have access to the progressive jackpot version of this Eyecon slot and its sequel Fluffy Too, however, you'll need to choose an 888/Cassava/Dragonfish bingo site
- at least for now (this could change in the future following the February 2017 purchase of Eyecon by Playtech).
NetEnt slots including the very popular Starburst
reach most of the places that Fluffy can't (neither appear on Microgaming bingo sites
as these only have Microgaming slots), but are not available at any Cozy bingo sites. Nor are there any NetEnt slots at Playtech / Virtue Fusion bingo sites; many of these - including Sky
- do have a separate area for NetEnt slots which can be played with the same login and wallet, but a slots bonus that was awarded as part of a bingo signup offer would not be usable there.
Cleopatra & Pixies of the Forest
These two iconic slots by IGT have less market penetration than Fluffy or Starburst. They do not appear at any Jumpman or Cozy bingo sites (or B-live or White Hat), but can be found at Daub
, Parlay, Relax Gaming
, Bede Gaming
and 888/Dragonfish/Cassava bingo sites
. As for Playtech
/ Virtue Fusion bingo sites
, in many cases these two slots are to be found in a separate area rather than as part of the bingo, again meaning that a slots bonus from a bingo signup offer cannot be used. A notable exception to this is bet365 - so they could be a good choice if you are specifically looking for these two titles.
The obvious place to look for this much loved Microgaming slot is of course a Microgaming bingo site
- where Immortal Romance Bingo is also to be found. This enhanced version of 90 ball bingo brings in the four bonus round characters from the slot, each with their own bonus feature; play for long enough to collect 20 medallions to enter the Chamber of Wins and collect free spins (or one of the progressive jackpots). The Immortal Romance slot is also available at a relatively small number of other bingo sites including B-live, Relax Gaming
, Bede Gaming
, and White Hat, but you won't find it - or indeed any other Microgaming slot - at any Jumpman or 888/Cassava/Dragonfish bingo site. Although a few Cozy sites have some Microgaming titles, apparently none of them include Immortal Romance itself. Most of the Playtech / Virtue Fusion sites do not have this slot at all, even in a separate area; two which do are Sky Bingo
(in the Sky Vegas area) and bet365
(in the Games area).
Temple of Isis & Shaman's Dream
These two Eyecon slots have pretty much the same market penetration as Fluffy Favourites (a few Playtech sites have Fluffy only). If you are specifically looking for one of these titles (or indeed for Fluffy) you may want to consider bingo sites on the Wheel of Slots network
as their modus operandi is to offer opportunities to win free spins on these slots in lieu of bingo bonus offers.
Clover Rollover is a popular Irish Luck themed progressive jackpot slot that is found at Virtue Fusion / Playtech bingo sites
only (along with other slots such as Pirate Plunder and Snow Queen's Magic which share the same jackpot). It does not work in quite the same way as the majority of progressive jackpot slots; the main thing to be aware of is that in order to win the full jackpot amount, a player must be playing at the maximum £5 per line. For a more detailed explanation of the difference see our guide to progressive jackpot slots
Millionaire Genie is another very popular progressive jackpot slot, found at 888 /Cassava/ Dragonfish sites
only (including many which have slots but no bingo). The jackpot, which is frequently well over a million pounds, can be won with a minimum stake (and in fact an Iceland Bingo
player won over £3 million from a 15p spin)
Bingo themed slots and slots themed bingo
Bingo sites have come up with several slots that seem designed specifically to appeal to bingo players. As well as slots that mimic the look or play experience of existing popular titles, there are slots that tie in with a specific bingo site (e.g. Paddy's Lucky Pigeon which is exclusive to Paddy Power
) or bingo game (e.g. Cash Cubes Slot). In the latter case players can earn a bonus for the slot by collecting cubes in the bingo game. Cash Cubes Bingo
came before the Cash Cubes Slot, but in many cases where there is a relationship between a bingo game and a slot, the slot came first. Probably the best known example of this is Rainbow Riches Bingo
(and again, players can earn a bonus for the slot by collecting coins in the bingo game).
is a bingo/slots hybrid game. The real money versions of this game are only available at Gaming Realms sites (none of which have any bingo); the multiplayer version Slingo Boom - which is only available at Slingo.com
- is akin to 75 ball bingo but with added bells and whistles whereas the single player versions are essentially slots with an extended gamble facility.
Instant win bingo games
A few years ago, several bingo sites including the 15 Network
sites featured a collection of Video Bingo games. In these single player instant games, the player would receive a number of bingo cards and a number of bingo balls would be released all at once and the numbers daubed. The player could then decide whether to pay extra for further balls to be released to help fill the card for a payout. There do not appear to be any real money versions of this type of game currently available to UK players (but single player Slingo has a similar play experience).
Slots bonus - how does it work?
Arguably the most important thing to understand about slots bonus offers is that they carry a MUCH larger wagering requirement than a bingo bonus does.
A flexible bonus can be used on either bingo or slots (although not necessarily all slots). The bingo contributes to the wagering requirement at a different rate to the slots. Gamesys bingo sites
still offer this type of bonus as standard, with the wagering requirement set at 4x bonus; bingo contributes at 100%, slots at 10%, and casino games at even less (some not at all).
Other bingo sites have several types of bonus, only one of which is flexible, and this can get very complicated (and confusing) indeed. At Cozy bingo sites
, for instance, "casino cash" can be used to play bingo or slots (coming before bingo bonus in the spend order for bingo) and carries a 8x requirement for bingo play and 20x requirement for slots play (which is restricted to Cozy own brand slots). At Daub
sites, "cash bonus" can be used on any game (apart from progressive jackpots) and carries a 10x wagering requirement with bingo contributing at 150% (whereas their bingo bonus has a 4x wagering requirement and their slots only bonus has a 25x wagering requirement).
Slots only bonus
At least you know where you are with one of these as it can only be used to play slots (although again, not necessarily all slots) and has a clear cut wagering requirement - depending on the site, this can be anything from 20x to 99x. As well as being part of the welcome bonus offer at many bingo sites, slots bonuses are typically given out on subsequent deposits, in bonus back on losses promotions, and as Game of the Week type offers where the player has to complete a certain amount of cash play on the specified slot to receive a bonus for use on that slot only.
Mind the spend order
The majority of bingo sites - with some exceptions including Sky Bingo
- have a spend order whereby any cash that a player has in their account is used to play with first, and bonus of whatever kind is only used when all the cash has gone. When playing with just one type of bonus, this is only really annoying if the bonus has a short expiry time (leading the player to feel they need to play through all the cash in a hurry to avoid losing the bonus). When playing with two types of bonus it can be very objectionable indeed. Let's say a player receives a bingo bonus and a slots bonus when they make their first deposit. They start playing bingo and have a big win early on that enables them to play through their wagering requirement on the bingo bonus easily leaving cash in their account. This can't be withdrawn without forfeiting the slots bonus as the wagering requirement on it has not been met. But what happens if they start playing slots? Because of the spend order, the slots play comes out of the bingo winnings instead of the slots bonus, and as long as the slots bonus is still there, so is the slots wagering requirement. Basically, the player can never even get at the slots bonus unless they lose all their bingo winnings playing slots! The same goes for any non deposit based bonuses the player is offered later on, if they still have any cash in their account.
Probably the worst case of this type of issue is seen with the free bingo tickets sometimes awarded at Cozy bingo sites; they are at the extreme end of the spend order and can't be used unless the player's account is empty of both cash and bonus - but have an expiry time of just 24 hours!
Slots bonus - the small print
Lurking in the small print, there can be restrictions on how a slots bonus can be used, and this is often not as simple as some slots being off limits (which you would notice once you tried to play those slots even if you hadn't read the small print). Here are some other potential pitfalls:
- A restriction on how much can be won from a slots bonus - e.g. £400 + the original bonus amount as found at 888 sites (although this does not apply to progressive jackpot winnings), or the £500 or 10 x original bonus amount as found at Cozy sites. The terms to look for are "capped", "maximum convertible" and "winning limitation".
- Bonus play not being eligible to win any progressive jackpots
- Play on certain slots having a much higher than normal wagering requirement or even not contributing to the wagering requirement at all (this can happen with high variance slots such as Dead Or Alive and/or high RTP slots such as Bloodsuckers)
- A clause which forbids bonus abuse but does not clearly define what bonus abuse is, leaving it to the operator's discretion (and essentially giving them the right to confiscate winnings if they decide abuse has taken place).
Slots bonus vs slots free spins
- Many bingo sites offer free spins instead of a slots bonus.
- The free spins have to be used on a specific slot or slots, whereas a slots bonus is usually valid for any slot
- Free spins typically have to be claimed and used within 24 hours. Bingo sites can capitalise on this by releasing free spins in daily batches to encourage the player to get into the habit of checking every day.
- The free spins themselves do not carry a wagering requirement, but winnings from free spins are usually paid as a slots bonus and this does carry a wagering requirement.
- As previously explained the majority of bingo sites have a spend order where any cash in the account is used before bonus. Free spins, however, are generally kept separate and can be used without affecting anything else.
- This means that a player who has cash in their account is able to take up a free spins offer (maybe to try out a new slot they haven't previously played) without having to spend the cash first, and incurring no wagering requirement unless they actually win something.
- Free spins offers are not just for deposit and signup promotions. Free spins can also be given out as a login bonus, as a loyalty scheme perk, and as prizes in promotions and bingo games.
Other types of slot promotion
- Prize draws where players collect entries via slots play (e.g. 1 entry per £10 of cash play)
- Free bingo games where players can collect tickets or gain entry to the room via slots play
- Slots tournaments. These are almost always done in the form of a leaderboard race where the aim is simply to complete more cash play than everyone else in order to win cash or bonus prizes. Maria Casino and Bingo.com are the exception; their slots tournaments are usually based on the best performance in 20 consecutive spins so in theory someone could win by completing 20 spins only.
Find out more
Other articles about slots on site:
If you want to try out some slots with no deposit and no obligation, try a no deposit slots