Dragonfish Bingo Sites
All bingo sites on the Dragonfish software are listed on this page, including bingo sites like Robin Hood Bingo which are powered by the Dragonfish software but are NOT on the Dragonfish network. You can also find Dragonfish bingo sites on the Cassava Bingo Sites page. Confused? Read on….
- Who are Dragonfish?
- The Dragonfish Platform and the Dragonfish Network
- The Platform
- The Network
- A Source Of Confusion?
- Even More Confusion!
- Just Another Dragonfish Skin?
- Pros and Cons of Dragonfish Bingo
- The Future of Dragonfish
- Alternatives To Dragonfish
Who Are Dragonfish?
Dragonfish started out as part of 888 Holdings and is a B2B operation that provides online gaming services. B2B means business to business and what Dragonfish does is supply the software platform that was first used by 888 owned online gambling sites, to a very large number of 3rd party owned sites. The software (and we aren’t just talking about bingo software – they also supply poker and sportsbook solutions, casino software and slots) comes complete with management and licensing courtesy of Cassava (historically), 888 UK Limited (for UK players from November 2014 onwards when the requirement for regulation in the UK was introduced) and the Gibraltar based Virtual Global Digital Services (outside the UK).
This has all changed in 2022 following the sale of 888’s entire bingo business to Broadway Gaming. From 9th June, the licence for all Dragonfish sites is held by Grand Battery Holdings Limited, whose head office is in Dublin. For the moment, the Dragonfish branding remains.
The Dragonfish Platform and the Dragonfish Network
The Dragonfish Platform
The award winning Dragonfish bingo software has certainly stood the test of time. It has been around for getting on for 15 years and for most of that time, there has been a steady stream of new Dragonfish bingo sites launching; some have fallen by the wayside but most remain in operation today. The Dragonfish platform is especially popular with fans of 75 ball bingo as they are well served with 75 ball bingo rooms and run hundreds of different 75 ball patterns. The popularity of the software is in itself a big selling point as it means that when someone signs up to a new Dragonfish bingo site, they will almost always already know how to find their way around and how to buy bingo cards.
The Dragonfish Network
Bingo sites that are on the Dragonfish network (also known as Globalcom) have bingo rooms and promotions that are shared right across the network and these are the ones to look for if you are interested in bingo games such as the daily Late Night Show and the monthly Big £10K.
A Source Of Confusion?
The distinction between the Dragonfish platform and the Dragonfish network can be quite confusing. Not all bingo sites that have Dragonfish software are on the Dragonfish network and indeed there are some very well known ones that aren’t. In fact there are entire other networks that are powered by the oh so familiar software – such as the United Bingo network which includes Moon Bingo and Ted Bingo.
Not being on the main network gives sites more freedom over their bingo rooms and promotions. However, it is still technically possible for bingo rooms to be shared between ALL Dragonfish powered sites regardless of ownership or which network they are on. This was done for the first time during 2015 and 2016 for massive £200K jackpot games. Following this, in August 2016 a massively networked 90 ball room was introduced, available not just across the Dragonfish network but at many other Dragonfish powered sites including 888 Ladies, Gossip Bingo and later Costa Bingo; it’s still around today, known as 90s Extreme at Dragonfish network bingo sites and under various other names at other Dragonfish sites. A massively networked 75 ball room soon followed and again, this is still around today. As we go into 2022, most of the free bingo rooms and many jackpot bingo games are also shared across networks and this is not always easy to spot as they have different names at different sites.
Even More Confusion!
As if that wasn’t confusing enough, in Summer 2017 Dragonfish announced a second network, the Real Bingo Network – some months after the launch of its first site Blighty Bingo! The Real Bingo Network was mobile/HTML5 only from launch and (even more confusingly) turned out not to be a new network after all as it has most of its cash only bingo rooms in common with the original Dragonfish network (where they are also cash only). Indeed the name Real Bingo Network was swiftly dropped and the main distinguishing feature of this particular group of bingo sites in 2022 is that they offer no bingo bonuses and therefore have no wagering requirements (they give out free spins and free bingo tickets instead).
Just another Dragonfish skin?
A few years back there were a great many sites on the Dragonfish network that were virtually identical to each other and only had the network bingo rooms, online chat and promotions. The only real differences between these sites were the name, the design of the home page and the colour of the bingo lobby and the only real incentive to join them, the welcome bonus. It’s hard to see why anyone would want to play at one of these identikit type sites now though, because other more recently launched sites on the network have so much more to offer:
- Exclusive bingo rooms and bingo games, such as the Freezer Room and Prize Rooms at Prize Land Bingo.
- Exclusive promotions – slots tournaments, leaderboard races and guaranteed jackpot or prize games that run at one site only or on a small group of sites area are a common way for Dragonfish network site operators to try and set themselves apart from the others. Prize draw promotions are less common on this network.
- Exclusive bonus games – these used to be written in Flash so worked on computer only, but are now available on mobile/tablet as well thanks to the magic of HTML5. They give players the opportunity to collect extra bonuses or slot spins and have largely replaced more conventional loyalty schemes.
The best Dragonfish network sites such as Chit Chat Bingo have a bespoke design as well as exclusive rooms and promotions.
There were no new bingo sites launched on the regular Dragonfish network between April 2018 and autumn 2019; all new launches were on the No Wagering Real Bingo Network which shares some but not all rooms with the main network. This changed shortly before the launch of Tickety Bingo and there were several more Dragonfish launches with bingo bonus offers in 2020 and 2021. We hope to see this trend continue so we can bring you new Dragonfish bingo sites with both types of welcome offer in 2022.
Pros and Cons of Dragonfish Bingo
- Due to the number of sites on the network, Dragonfish have plenty of liquidity so they can offer some substantial prizes
- Dragonfish bonuses rarely have an expiry date (although they will disappear if the player doesn’t log in for 90 days and any queued bonuses will be removed if cash winnings are withdrawn )
- There’s a big choice of slot titles including daily and progressive jackpots
- There’s a good balance between widely networked jackpot rooms with substantial prizes and quieter rooms with smaller prizes that you’re more likely to win
- The newer versions of the bingo lobby are very user friendly especially on mobile
- Dragonfish sites all have medium level insolvency protection which is safer for players than at many other bingo and slot sites
- Claiming our exclusive Dragonfish offers from a mobile phone can be a confusing process as the offer you are claiming and the code you need to use may not be shown on the page you land on.
- The pre-buy arrangements at Dragonfish are pretty rudimentary. Basically, you can only buy tickets for the next game that is due to take place in any given bingo room – so no buying tickets in advance for a series of games. Dragonfish get round this for big money games by running them in a room of their own and opening it days or weeks in advance.
- The only types of bingo on offer at Dragonfish are 90 ball, 75 ball (pattern and 5 line), and 52-5. There’s no 80 ball, 50 ball, 30 ball or single ticket bingo games.
- Many of the Dragonfish bingo rooms are not hosted and even when they are, unless the room is exclusive to a particular site it’s the same chat host for every site on the network and there’s not much player participation in the chat
- Some bingo rooms and some slot games are cash only and can’t be played with bonus, but it is not possible to find out which they are until after you’ve signed up (they are marked in the lobby)
- Dragonfish can be a bit slow to add new slot game releases
- The slots wagering requirement is excessively high, defaulting to 99x (although many Dragonfish offers have a lower wagering requirement)
- Slot spins offers at Dragonfish sites almost always have a win cap and this is typically just a couple of pounds
- Even after completing the wagering requirements on a Dragonfish slot bonus, the maximum winnings you can withdraw is £100 + the original bonus amount
- Customer support for Dragonfish network sites is centralised with the same phone number for all sites on the network, and they can take up to 72 hours to respond to emails
The Future of Dragonfish
We expect to see many changes at Dragonfish during 2022 (as well as a temporary halt on new Dragonfish bingo site launches) as the new owners (and bingo specialists) Broadway Gaming decide what they want to do with their new acquisition.
The first indication of the direction things might go in came in February 2022 when they experimented with streaming live video with an interactive bonus game into the Nutty Ninety bingo room at 888Ladies. To get into the room and play the game, you needed to be funded (i.e. have at least 5p cash in your account).
This sort of content could really revitalise the ageing software and bring in more players which in turn would make the prize money more attractive, especially if coupled with more investment in the chat and an overhaul of the product to add the proper pre-buy facility it currently lacks.
From summer 2022 Broadway have paused player acquisition on the 45 or so Dragonfish sites that they now own directly and we expect there to be some consolidation there resulting in fewer, better brands.
Perhaps the most obvious effect of the Broadway purchase is that no new Dragonfish bingo sites were launched in the first half of 2022 (although some of the little known older sites are being spruced up and relaunched). We believe there are some new white label Dragonfish sites waiting to launch in July or August 2022 after the transfer has been completed.
Alternatives to Dragonfish
The Dragonfish bingo product is deservedly very popular, but what if you want a change?
- Virtue Fusion by Playtech is an extremely sophisticated bingo platform that powers household names including Paddy Power Bingo. It’s known for its busy bingo rooms and big prize money.
- Tombola‘s bingo software only powers their own site, but what a site!
- Pragmatic Play bingo powers all Nektan and Jumpman bingo sites and several others. It’s a great product with a fully featured pre-buy (which Dragonfish lacks) but apart from at Heart Bingo, PlayOJO and a couple of other sites there’s no chat in the bingo rooms.
- Entain’s own bingo platform which powers Foxy Bingo, Coral Bingo and a couple of others is an evolution of the old Cozy bingo software.
- Gamesys bingo sites have busy bingo rooms with great chat hosts
- Relax Gaming bingo is only available at two UK sites but has a number of lively bingo rooms with substantial prizes.
Dragonfish Bingo Sites FAQ's
Dragonfish was the name of a B2B (business to business) division of 888 and referred to a very popular type of bingo software that powered all bingo sites operating under the 888 UK Limited licence (now Grand Battery Holdings). A Dragonfish bingo site may or may not be part of the Dragonfish bingo network. Dragonfish bingo sites are owned by lots of different operators, in an arrangement that works a bit like a franchise. Some Dragonfish bingo sites (including all the ones without Dragonfish branding) are owned by 888 themselves (or were until the entire bingo operation was sold to Broadway Gaming in late 2021).
A bingo network is a group of bingo sites which all use the same bingo software and share some or all of their bingo rooms, so that players from lots of different bingo sites can buy tickets for the same game. In the case of Dragonfish bingo sites, there are several such networks, only one of which is THE Dragonfish Network. That’s why it’s possible to have a Dragonfish bingo site that is NOT on the Dragonfish bingo network and indeed, some of the most well known Dragonfish bingo sites such as Costa Bingo and Wink Bingo are not on the Dragonfish network.
At most Dragonfish bingo sites the welcome offer consists of bingo bonus, which can be used to buy bingo tickets in most Dragonfish bingo rooms and is valid indefinitely as long as you keep playing regularly. Some Dragonfish sites include a slot bonus in their welcome offer which can be used to play on most of their online slot games. Again, this is valid indefinitely. There is a limit on what you can win from Dragonfish slot bonuses, of £100 plus the original bonus.
Many Dragonfish sites include slot spins and/or free bingo tickets for specific games in their welcome offer. Unless the site is a No Wagering site, winnings are paid as a bonus. Dragonfish slot spin offers almost always have a cap on winnings.
Dragonfish bingo sites offer one of the best selections of 75 ball bingo rooms for UK players, as well as plenty of 90 ball rooms and specials such as Bingo Roulette. There’s free bingo rooms for newbies and recent depositors, regular jackpot games including a monthly £10,000 game, and a room where you can win slot spins.
Dragonfish bingo sites also have a big selection of slot games including popular titles such as Starburst and Fluffy Favourites.
The standard wagering requirement for bingo bonuses at Dragonfish bingo sites is 4x. Some Dragonfish sites have a higher bingo wagering requirement of 6x and there are none on the main Dragonfish network with a wagering requirement of less than 4x. 888Ladies and sister sites, which are not on the Dragonfish network, have a lower wagering requirement of 2x. There’s also the No Wagering Dragonfish bingo sites such as Bounce Bingo and Lovehearts Bingo, which have a welcome offer consisting of free bingo tickets for specific bingo rooms and slot spins, with no wagering requirements at all on either. At Best New Bingo Sites, we have secured exclusive welcome offers for several No Wagering Dragonfish bingo sites and for 888Ladies.
There are more than 100 Dragonfish bingo sites for UK players to choose from, all offering a range of networked bingo rooms. The reason that there are so many is that Dragonfish made it easy for small time operators to open an off the shelf Dragonfish bingo site; the financial outlay to get started was relatively modest and Dragonfish handled all the licensing, payment processing, account verification and other admin. The bar has been set a bit higher now so in 2022, most of the new Dragonfish sites that are launched have the backing of larger organisations and many of the older ones have closed or been bought by larger organisations. This is good news for players as there’s still plenty of choice, but larger organisations are in a better position to offer exclusive bingo rooms, exclusive promotions and other extras.