Bingo Sites for Slots Players
The bingo sites listed here all offer a slots bonus as well as or instead of a bingo bonus welcome offer – or even better, a bonus that can be used on both bingo and slots.
- Why play slots?
- Favourite slots for bingo players
- Slots bonus – how does it work?
- Slots bonus vs free spins
- Other types of slot promotion
- Find out more
Why play slots?
Lots of bingo players also like to play online slot machines, and there are many reasons why slots play can be appealing. Slots are both more visually attractive and have a much better RTP than bingo (typically 95% or more). There’s no need to wait for the next game to start (and in fact many slots can be played as mini games inside a bingo room while waiting for the next bingo game). Players can choose from a large range of slots all with different themes, special features and bonus rounds and this can stop them from becoming bored with the relatively small selection of bingo games. There’s also the possibility (however tiny) of winning a really huge progressive jackpot.
Although slots are not everyone’s cup of tea (it is possible to spend a lot of money very quickly and some players prefer to avoid this, while others dislike the solitary nature of slots play and prefer to participate in the bingo room chat in between games) they are clearly very popular, so much so that even Tombola, who for many years made a point of not having any slots on their bingo site, introduced the Tombola Arcade (which can be played with a Tombola Bingo login) with their own specially developed games for slots lovers.
Many bingo sites now offer a slots bonus as part of their welcome offer and/or ongoing promotions.
Favourite slots for bingo players and where to find them
Fluffy Favourites is so ubiquitous in the world of online bingo that it is almost impossible to find a bingo site that DOESN’T have it – all Dragonfish bingo sites, Virtue Fusion bingo sites, and Jumpman bingo sites do, along with its three sequels and a load of other Eyecon slot games. Not everywhere has the progressive jackpot versions, though, and because the progressive jackpots are local rather than widely networked they can vary dramatically in size from site to site.
NetEnt slots including the very popular Starburst have also been increasing their market penetration to the extent that you’ll be hard pushed to find a bingo site without them. At Playtech / Virtue Fusion bingo sites, however, NetEnt slots are often in a separate area which can be played with the same login and wallet and not in the bingo lobby, meaning that a slots bonus that was awarded as part of a bingo signup offer would not be usable there.
Cleopatra & Pixies of the Forest
These two iconic slots by IGT are a bit harder to find than Fluffy or Starburst. Jumpman, for instance, don’t offer them, but Dragonfish do. As for Virtue Fusion bingo sites, in many cases these two slots are to be found in a separate area rather than as part of the bingo, again meaning that a slots bonus from a bingo signup offer cannot be used.
Until recently, the obvious place to look for this much loved Microgaming slot was a Microgaming bingo site, and there was also an Immortal Romance Bingo game. This enhanced version of 90 ball bingo brought in the four bonus round characters from the slot, each with their own bonus feature; play for long enough and you could collect 20 medallions to enter the Chamber of Wins and collect free spins (or one of the progressive jackpots).
All of this is off the table now as the Microgaming bingo product was retired in 2020. Luckily for players, the slot game has now made an appearance at all Dragonfish and all Jumpman sites, giving bingo players who are fans of the game literally hundreds of different options. It’s also available at the two Relax Gaming bingo sites. Most of the Playtech / Virtue Fusion sites do not have this slot at all, even in a separate area.
Temple of Iris & Shaman’s Dream
These two Eyecon slots have pretty much the same market penetration as Fluffy Favourites (a few Playtech sites have Fluffy only). If you are specifically looking for one of these titles (or indeed for Fluffy) you may want to consider Jumpman bingo sites as their modus operandi is to offer opportunities to win free spins on these and other slots in lieu of bingo bonus offers.
Clover Rollover is a popular Irish Luck themed progressive jackpot slot that is found at Virtue Fusion / Playtech bingo sites only (along with other slots such as Pirate Plunder and Snow Queen’s Magic which share the same jackpot). It does not work in quite the same way as the majority of progressive jackpot slots; the main thing to be aware of is that in order to win the full jackpot amount, a player must be playing at the maximum £5 per line. For a more detailed explanation of the difference see our guide to progressive jackpot slots. Clover Rollover 2 is by Eyecon and is available much more widely than its precursor (you’ll find it anywhere you’ll find the Fluffy games).
Millionaire Genie is a progressive jackpot slot which is very popular with bingo players and is found at Dragonfish sites only (including Dragonfish slot sites). The jackpot, which is frequently well over a million pounds, can be won with a minimum stake (and in fact an Iceland Bingo player once won over £3 million from a 15p spin).
Bingo themed slots and slots themed bingo
Bingo sites have come up with several slots that seem designed specifically to appeal to bingo players. As well as slots that mimic the look or play experience of existing popular titles, there are slots that tie in with a specific bingo site (e.g. Paddy’s Lucky Pigeon which is exclusive to Paddy Power) or bingo game (e.g. Cash Cubes Slot). In the latter case players can earn a bonus for the slot by collecting cubes in the bingo game. Cash Cubes Bingo came before the Cash Cubes Slot, but in many cases where there is a relationship between a bingo game and a slot, the slot came first. Probably the best known examples of this are Rainbow Riches Bingo (where players can earn a bonus for the slot by collecting coins in the bingo game) and Fluffy Favourites Bingo (which has a feature game based on slot bonus rounds).
Slingo is a bingo/slots hybrid game that comes in several varieties including the ultimate bingo/slots/Slingo mashup, Slingo Fluffy Favourites. The real money versions of this game debuted at Gaming Realms sites (none of which had any bingo in the normal sense of the word) and the single player versions are now widely available; the multiplayer version Slingo Boom was akin to 75 ball bingo but was retired some time ago.
Instant win bingo games
A few years ago, several bingo sites including the 15 Network sites featured a collection of Video Bingo games. In these single player instant games, the player would receive a number of bingo cards and a number of bingo balls would be released all at once and the numbers daubed. The player could then decide whether to pay extra for further balls to be released to help fill the card for a payout. Hardly any real money versions of this type of game are currently available to UK players, but single player Slingo has a similar play experience.
Slot bonus – how does it work?
Arguably the most important thing to understand about slots bonus offers is that they carry a MUCH larger wagering requirement than a bingo bonus does.
A flexible bonus can be used on either bingo or slots (although not necessarily all slots). The bingo contributes to the wagering requirement at a different rate to the slots. As far as we know, bingo.com is the only remaining bingo site with this type of bonus offer (bingo contributes at 200%, slot games at 100%).
In the past, bingo sites have sometimes offered several types of bonus, only one of which is flexible, and this could get very complicated (and confusing) indeed. At Cozy bingo sites, for instance, “casino cash” could be used to play bingo or slots (coming before bingo bonus in the spend order for bingo) and carried a 8x requirement for bingo play and 20x requirement for slots play (which was restricted to Cozy own brand slots). At Daub sites, “cash bonus” could be used on any game (apart from progressive jackpots) and carried a 10x wagering requirement with bingo contributing at 150% (whereas their bingo bonus had a 4x wagering requirement and their slots only bonus had a 25x wagering requirement). As far as we know, there are no bingo sites with any stupidly complicated bonusing rules like these any more, and good riddance too!
Slots only bonus
You know where you are with one of these as it can only be used to play slots (not necessarily all slots though – progressive jackpots and high RTP slots are often excluded) and has a clear cut wagering requirement – depending on the site, this can be anything from 5x to 99x. As well as being part of the welcome bonus offer at many bingo sites, slots bonuses are typically given out on subsequent deposits, in bonus back on losses promotions, and as Game of the Week type offers where the player has to complete a certain amount of cash play on the specified slot to receive a bonus for use on that slot only.
Mind the spend order
The majority of bingo sites have a spend order whereby any cash that a player has in their account is used to play with first, and bonus of whatever kind is only used when all the cash has gone – and even the ones such as Mecca Bingo that have a bonus-first spend order for bingo bonus, may have a cash-first spend order for slots . When playing with just one type of bonus, this is only really annoying if the bonus has a short expiry time (leading the player to feel they need to play through all the cash in a hurry to avoid losing the bonus). When playing with two types of bonus it can be very objectionable indeed. Let’s say a player receives a bingo bonus and a slot bonus when they make their first deposit. They start playing bingo and have a big win early on that enables them to play through their wagering requirement on the bingo bonus easily leaving cash in their account. This can’t be withdrawn without forfeiting the slots bonus as the wagering requirement on it has not been met. But what happens if they start playing slots? Because of the spend order, the slots play comes out of the bingo winnings instead of the slot bonus, and as long as the slot bonus is still there, so is the slots wagering requirement. Basically, the player can never even get at the slot bonus unless they lose all their bingo winnings playing slots! The same goes for any non deposit based bonuses the player is offered later on, if they still have any cash in their account.
Probably the worst case of this type of issue was seen with the free bingo tickets sometimes awarded at Cozy bingo sites; they were at the extreme end of the spend order and couldn’t be used unless the player’s account was empty of both cash and bonus – but had an expiry time of just 24 hours!
Slot bonus – the small print
Lurking in the small print, there can be restrictions on how a slot bonus can be used, and this is often not as simple as some slots being off limits (which you would probably notice once you tried to play those slots even if you hadn’t read the small print). Here are some other potential pitfalls:
- A restriction on how much can be won from a slots bonus – e.g. £100 + the original bonus amount as found at 888 sites (although this does not apply to progressive jackpot winnings). The terms to look for are “capped”, “maximum convertible” and “winning limitation”.
- Bonus play not being eligible to win any progressive jackpots
- Play on certain slots having a much higher than normal wagering requirement or even not contributing to the wagering requirement at all (this can happen with high variance slots such as Dead Or Alive and/or high RTP slots such as Bloodsuckers)
- A clause which forbids bonus abuse but does not clearly define what bonus abuse is, leaving it to the operator’s discretion (and essentially giving them the right to confiscate winnings if they decide abuse has taken place).
Slot bonus vs free spins
- Many bingo sites offer free spins instead of a slot bonus.
- The free spins have to be used on a specific slot or slots, whereas a slot bonus is usually valid for any slot
- Free spins typically have to be claimed and used within 24 hours. Bingo sites often capitalise on this by releasing free spins in daily batches to encourage the player to get into the habit of checking every day.
- The free spins themselves do not carry a wagering requirement, but winnings from free spins are usually paid as a slot bonus and this does carry a wagering requirement.
- As previously explained the majority of bingo sites have a spend order where any cash in the account is used before bonus. Free spins, however, are generally kept separate and can be used without affecting anything else.
- This means that a player who has cash in their account is able to take up a free spins offer (maybe to try out a new slot they haven’t previously played) without having to spend the cash first, and incurring no wagering requirement unless they actually win something.
- Free spins offers are not just for deposit and signup promotions. Free spins can also be given out as a login bonus, as a loyalty scheme perk, and as prizes in promotions and bingo games.
Other types of slot promotion
- Prize draws as found at Virtue Fusion bingo sites, where players collect entries via slots play (e.g. 1 entry per £10 of cash play)
- Free bingo games where players can collect tickets or gain entry to the room via slots play
- Slot tournaments. At bingo sites, these have almost always been done in the form of a leaderboard race where the aim is simply to complete more cash play than everyone else in order to win cash or bonus prizes. Bingo.com is an exception; their slots tournaments are usually based on the best performance in 20 consecutive spins so in theory someone could win by completing 20 spins only. Buzz Bingo also run a different type of tournament where scoring is based on the number of points scored in a set number of spins.
Find out more
Other articles about slots on site:
- Online Slot Machines For Beginners
- Progressive Jackpot Slots
- Fluffy Favourites
- Age of the Gods
- Kingdoms Rise
- New Slot Games
- Slot Game Reviews