Sword of Ares is our October slot of the month. Released by Pragmatic Play, this six-reel scatter pays game features tumble win multipliers, special symbol removers that can create extra tumbles and a free spin round offering up to 500x multipliers. You’ve also got a potential top pay-out of 10,000x your stake.
As indicated by the name, Sword of Area is inspired by the Greek God of War and Courage, Area. And there’s plenty in the visuals department to indicate that we’re back in the mystical Mediterranean.
Of particular note is an animated rendering of the son of Zeus. Stands next to the game area, he wields a glowing sword and shield. On occasion he’ll thrust his sword into the reel set or take a swipe with his blade when you land a winning combination.
A ruined Greek temple sits in the background, while the reels themselves are framed in bronze
Being a scatter pays game, the reel symbols aren’t all that sophisticated in their design. The low value symbols consist of gemstones while premium symbols are represented by a sword, shield, chariot and helmet.
How to Play Sword of Aces
The aim is to land eight to twelve matching symbols in any position. Of the symbols, the helmet is the most valuable, paying out 4, 6 or 20x times your stake. Wins are followed by tumbles with the paying symbols falling off the reels to be replaced with the ones above. As ever, the process continues until wins are not longer possible.
Bomb Removal Feature
Following each tumble, one of four bomb symbols can appears. When they explode, they clear symbols in horizontal, vertical, cross or x configurations. The removed symbols are then added to the multiplier collection feature (see below).
There’s no wild in play. However, a scatter is active which can appear anywhere across all six reels, also paying out in any position. Landing four, four or six scatters rewards you with 3, 15 or 100x your stake.
Multiplier Collect Feature
A collection meter is installed above the reels. During the base game it displays three locked multiplier values. To unlock them, you’ll need to collect a set number of winning symbols. Here’s more info:
- First Multiplier Rewards x2, x3 or x4 multipliers – unlocked with 20 collected winning symbols
- Second Multiplier Rewards x5, x6 or x7 multipliers – unlocked with 50 collected winning symbols
- Third Multiplier Rewards x9, x10, x11, x12, x13, x14 or x 15 – unlocked with 100 collected winning symbols
Free Spins Bonus Round
Triggering the free spins round requires you to land four scatters in any reel position. You’ll then receive 15 free spins and the multiplier collection meter extends to six locked multiplier values. This is how they can pay-out when unlocked.
- First Multiplier Rewards x2, x3 or x4 multipliers – unlocked with 15 collected winning symbols
- Second Multiplier Rewards x5, x6, x7, x9 multipliers – unlocked with 27 collected winning symbols
- Third Multiplier Rewards x9, x10, x11, x12, x13, x14 or x15– unlocked with 39 collected winning symbols
- Fourth Multiplier Rewards x16, x17, x18, x19, x20, x22 or x25 – unlocked with 55 collected winning symbols
- Fifth Multiplier Rewards x26, x27, x28, x30, x32, x35, x40 or x50 – unlocked with 85 collected winning symbols
- Sixth Multiplier Rewards x500 – unlocked with 235 collecting winning symbols
The theme isn’t anything new – indeed, slot players have been treated/subjected to Greek mythology for an age. No, it’s the collection of winning symbols that’s central to the fairly simplistic base game, given that it’s possible to land up to x15 multipliers during play.
Underpinning this well-structured multiplier systems is the bomb removal feature which an also result in some major multipliers. The free spins round is another big plus-point thanks to the expanded multiplier collect system and the distant but theoretically possible chance of ending up with a 500x multiplier – an imperfect but entertaining game, then.
RTP: 95.4%, Minimum Stake: 0.20
At Best New Bingo Sites all of our reviews are completely honest and written by industry experts. We aim to present all our offers as transparently as possible with a full explanation of the terms and conditions. We receive commission from the sites we feature and this may affect how prominently they appear on our site and their position in our listings.