What is Free Form?
Tombola’s last free daily game, Free Vibes, was only launched in January 2022 so it came as quite a surprise to see a new free daily game, Free Form, launched this week.
As soon as you log on to the Tombola site all becomes clear. Free Form is NOT replacing Free Vibes but running in tandem with it; the same SMS code activates both games and you can play Free Form on Tombola Bingo and Free Vibes on Tombola Arcade. Both games remain completely free to play for registered players whose account has been verified and you don’t need to make a deposit. You do need to opt into receiving SMS messages so you can be sent the activation code each week.
Just like Free Vibes, Free Form has 6 prizes and you win by completing sets of the same symbol. The prize levels are £5000, £100, £20, £5, £1 and 25p and the eagle eyed amongst you will notice that the prize levels on Free Vibes have changed to match those in the new game (the smallest prize used to be £2). Tombola say that this will result in even more winners and they expect each of the two games to have more than 60,000 winners every week with more than £50,000 in weekly prizes across the two games.
However, there are some important differences between the two games as we shall see.
How To Play Free Form
The play area in Free Form consists of an array of 24 diamond shaped buttons bearing the numbers 1-24. To play a game, press the Play button. You’ll then be shown 15 numbers in succession and with each number, you must press the corresponding button in the array, flipping it to reveal a colour and shape. Collect 4 of a kind and you’ll win the corresponding prize.
Although conceptually similar to Free Vibes (and other Tombola games including Bubble) Free Form plays and feels quite differently:
- Free Form has 15 numbers called whereas Free Vibes has 16 coloured symbols.
- The auto-daub option in Free Form is not at all obvious – you’ll need to look at the game help file to find out how to do it (press and hold the Play button). In Free Vibes there’s a very obvious Collect All button.
- The symbols in Free Form stay in the play area whereas in Free Vibes they disappear,
- In Free Vibes, the bigger the prize the more symbols you have to collect to win it. In Free Form, it’s always 4 symbols.
- In Free Vibes, the symbols you collect play a tune so it’s much more fun to play it with the sound on. In Free Form, it doesn’t matter so much.
Essentially, Free Form looks and plays much more like a bingo game than Free Vibes does, so putting the former on Tombola Bingo while leaving the latter on Tombola Arcade makes a lot of sense. Tweaking the prizes to produce more winners also makes a lot of sense as it’s bound to keep players more interested in playing regularly. Another winner from Tombola!