Buzz Bingo’s 4th birthday is this weekend (30th September to be exact) and they are celebrating by introducing live bingo in the Buzz Club Room from 8pm until 10pm every evening.
Live streaming video into a bingo room isn’t new; in fact, quite a few bingo sites have tried it over the last few years. Live streams have typically featured celebrity interviews, phone-in quizzes, prize draws and so forth. The Buzz Bingo live stream is NOTHING like that, and nothing like anything you’ve seen before.
Instead, it’s all about the bingo and Buzz are aiming to bring the atmosphere of a Buzz club into your living room (or bathtub, according to their latest cheeky TV ad!) The live presenters Roger and Devin talk about the bingo games as they play, congratulate the winners with airhorns and confetti and join in the chat in a truly interactive way (you can talk to them via the chat window).
All of the live bingo games are good old 90 ball bingo and most have features that can award extra money on a full house win. These play out live on screen, overlaid on the video. Some of them are as follows, but they may be changed and/or others introduced depending on how popular they are with players.
- Prize Wheel – Spin the wheel to reveal a guaranteed prize to be added to the Full House prize.
- Magic Number – A random number is selected between 1-9. If Full House is claimed on a number with that digit, they win an extra prize.
- Double Bubble – If Full House is called on a double number (e.g. 88) then the player wins double the prize money.
- Multiplier Wheel – Special prize wheel with added multiplier (up to x6) to increase the Full House prize money.
- Money Back Bingo – The last game of the evening, and tickets are free for this one. Win line or full house to win back all the money you staked in that day’s Live Bingo session.
Also overlaid on the video is the Bonus Board. This extra bingo ticket, which remains on screen throughout and is carried across between sessions, is a sort of meta game. Whenever someone wins full house on a number that is on the Bonus Board (and hasn’t already been daubed), the number is marked off and they win an extra prize. (In the screenshots, which are from a preview session, nothing has yet been marked off on the Bonus Board).
- £5 for marking off a Bonus Board number
- £10 for marking off a Bonus Board number that completes 1 line on the Bonus Board
- £25 for marking off a Bonus Board number that completes 2 lines on the Bonus Board
- £50 for marking off a Bonus Board number that completes Full House on the Bonus Board
What happens then? The Bonus Board is reset with fresh numbers and the entire process starts all over again.
The first four live bingo events are as follows:
- Thursday 29th September: Launch Night, 3 x £1,000 Full House prizes
- Friday 30th September: Buzz’s 4th Birthday, 4 x £444 Full House prizes
- Saturday 1st October: Saturday Night Live, 21 x £100 Full House prizes
- Sunday 2nd October: 80’s Night: Call bingo in the 80’s and win an extra £80
Ticket prices for the live games are mostly a very reasonable 10p, apart from a few games with larger prizes which are 15p or 20p. All apart from the Money Back Bingo free games are available on prebuy, but do be in the bingo room when the games play if you possibly can as you’ll be missing out on a whole load of top entertainment if you don’t! Dare we say it, Buzz Bingo have really put the buzz back into online bingo!
At Best New Bingo Sites all of our reviews are completely honest and written by industry experts. We aim to present all our offers as transparently as possible with a full explanation of the terms and conditions. We receive commission from the sites we feature and this may affect how prominently they appear on our site and their position in our listings.