Wink Bingo‘s new look and new player reward scheme were unveiled yesterday and at a time when so many new bingo sites are replacing cartoon mascots with photographs of real people to avoid appealing to under 18s, it comes as a surprise to see Wink go in the other direction and replace photographs with cartoons. There isn’t much chance of these particular cartoons appealing to children though – they have clearly been inspired by the oeuvre of pop artist Roy Lichtenstein as seen in works such as “Oh, Jeff“. The re-theming has been done very nicely and appears everywhere across the site – the promotions page, the accompanying blog, the bingo rooms (which have been renamed to match the new theme) and of course the new player reward scheme itself.
Wink Rewards focuses on something the new cartoon ladies clearly like to do – shopping. “Shop ‘Til You Drop In Wink’s Shop” is the tagline and as well as the usual offers for use on site (such as bonus, slot spins and free bingo tickets) the shop sells vouchers for use elsewhere:
- Retail: Amazon, Arcadia, Argos, Currys PC World, Debenhams, Ernest Jones, H Samuel, John Lewis, TK Maxx, M&S, New Look & Tesco
- Entertainment: iTunes Code, Netflix, Ticketmaster & Magazine Subscriptions
- Food & Drink; All Bar One eGift, The Restaurant Card, Cafe Rouge, Dining Out, Great British Pub, Harvester eGift, Pizza Express, Starbucks & Costa
- Experiences & Days Out: National Trust, Red letter Days, Virgin Experience Days & Lastminute.com
Wink Rewards can be collected from bingo play at the rate of 1 Reward per £1 spend BUT – and it is in important but – this does not accumulate across multiple transactions. In other words, spend £5 on bingo tickets in one go and collect 5 Wink Rewards, but spend it in 10 separate transactions of 50p each and you’ll get nothing.
There are several other ways to collect Wink Rewards:
- As part of the new welcome offer – 1000 Wink Rewards when you play through £10 within 7 days of making a first deposit
- By completing Wink’s Daily Challenges
- Rewarding Wednesdays – opt in and deposit £15 with code WDAY, play £10 cash on bingo or play £50 cash on Jack’s Pot, Millionaire Genie and or Irish Riches JP to open a Rewards Chest to win 10 – 500 Rewards (up to 3 chests can be opened each week)
- Win them in the 1 Million Rewards room. This game plays 5 times a day with prizes ranging from 4000 Rewards to 10,000 Rewards; tickets can’t be bought but can be obtained via other promotions including the Wink Wheel (which can be spun after making a deposit of £10 or more), the Daily Challenges or Choose-Day (and they also give them away randomly).