- What is Mecca Dream Come True?
- How to Enter Dream Come True
- Mecca Club Extras
- Even More Extras
- What is Unsung Hero?
- How to Nominate Your Hero
- Dream Come True – Our Verdict
What is Mecca Dream Come True?
Mecca Dream Come True is a rerun of last year’s hugely popular promotion at Mecca Bingo, and this time round, it’s bigger and better than ever, putting most other online bingo sites in the shade! The heart of the promotion is a prize draw which takes place from 10pm on Friday evenings until 25th September 2020 – but this is not just any old prize draw, it’s live streamed to the Main Event bingo room (where there’s £25,000 to be won in the bingo games between 8pm and midnight) and to Mecca’s Facebook page, and is the climax of an hour’s entertainment with different celebrity guests each week. Each week’s draw has more than 18 prizes including:
- Mecca Makeover – Claire Sweeney and her design team will do a house makeover of up to three rooms (excluding kitchens or bathrooms) and a TV crew will film the transformation
- Mecca Me Over – a makeover hosted by a celebrity fashion expert including fashion shoot, hair and make-up and an outfit to keep plus overnight stay in London for two
- Celebrity Stories – a pair of tickets to an exclusive Mecca event with exclusive performances by ex talent show stars with interviews by Kate Thornton
- Dream Holiday – a £1000 holday voucher, valid for 18 months on Tui/First Choice holidays
- Free Bingo For A Year – a £50 voucher to spend at Mecca Bingo online, every week for a year starting November 2020
- Apple Products – the ever popular iPad or iPhone (perfect for playing on the go)
How To Enter Dream Come True
To get entries to the prize draw, Mecca Bingo online players can spin two wheels every day.
- The Free Spin wheel is available from noon to midnight to all Mecca players. There’s an 88% chance of winning something and as well as prize draw entries, prizes include free bingo, spins, games bonus and cash. The free bingo is for a specific session and the spins and games bonus have a 7 day expiry; anything you win from any of these credits will be paid in cash.
- The Premium Spin wheel is available from 2pm to midnight to anyone who deposited and played £10 or more on the previous day. It has the same 88% chance of a prize and the same types of prize, but they are bigger and better than on the Free Spin wheel.
The actual prize draw takes place in two stages. At midnight on Thursday, all the entries that have been collected since the start of the promo period (not just that week) by players landing on the Draw segment of the wheels go into a computerised random draw to cut them down to 3000. The 3000 entries then go into the tombola machine for the live draw on Friday evening.
Mecca Club Extras
It doesn’t stop with the online prize draws! Visit a Mecca Club to find further ways to participate:
- Mecca Makeover Prize Draw – this is an extra prize draw to take place on Friday 25th September 2020 during the live stream, with one prize of a £15K Claire Sweeney house makeover. Receive an entry every time you scan your membership card in any Mecca Bingo club from 28th August – 23rd September inclusive.
- Mecca Dream Come True Flyer – to be played in club every evening until 27th September. It has the cash prize of a normal flyer but there’s an added jackpot of a £500 Mecca Dream Come True Experience if you call in 16 numbers or less and on the top number. They expect to give out around 30 of these during the promo period and winners can choose whether they want to receive a Virgin Experience voucher, a holiday voucher or a makeover/wardrobe voucher.
- Club Wheel – from 5pm every evening until 25th September, customers can enter a free draw which takes place at 7.30pm. 10 winners then get to spin the Club Wheel for a chance to win either an entry to the Dream Draw (as described below) or an instant win voucher, valid until 4th October; some are for various items of food and drink and others are for bingo tickets or Flyers.
- Dream Draw – this is yet another extra prize draw. Players who win a draw entry on the Club Wheel get to fill in a prize draw ticket and post in the Prize Draw Box in club. The Dream Draw takes place in two stages. Firstly, on Saturday 26th September 8 Mecca Clubs will be drawn at random to receive one of the 8 prizes each. Secondly, on Sunday 27th September the chosen clubs will each draw a winner from their box. The 8 prizes are:
- 4 x Dream Experience (chosen by the winner) worth up to £1000
- 3 x Free Bingo In Club For A Year – play for free in any Mecca Club up until 26th September 2021 and up to a total value of £2500
- 1 x Mecca Me Over worth £1300
Even More Extras
Check the Mecca Bingo social media accounts (including the Facebook page of your local Mecca club) and the Mecca blog for further opportunities to win.
What is Unsung Hero?
Unsung Hero is a rather special add-on to Mecca Dream Come True. The idea is to find people who’ve done something remarkable this year – maybe raising money for charity, maybe helping in the community, or maybe at work – and reward them with some of the prizes from the main promotion.
- The winner gets a £20K Claire Sweeney house makeover and the person who nominated them gets a £250 Next e-voucher
- There are three runner up prizes of £500 M&S e-vouchers and one of a fashion makeover
How To Nominate Your Hero
You don’t have to have a Mecca account to nominate someone for Unsung Hero. You do have to be over 25 and a UK resident and so must the person you nominate. Nominations can only be submitted in one way – by making and uploading a video no more than 60 seconds long to the Unsung Hero site, in which you explain how you know the nominee, why they deserve the house makeover and what it would mean to them to win such a prize.
You also have to be happy for Mecca to use your video for marketing purposes, which means there are a few rules about what you can and can’t include – bascially, no-one who is or appears to be under 25 can appear in your video and neither can any items or themes (toys, cartoon or fairy tale characters etc) that might appeal to children – so if you’re making it in your house, better tidy up all the kids’ paraphenalia first!
Dream Come True – Our Verdict
Top marks to Mecca for this promotion! We’re really impressed with the quality of the prizes, the scope of the promotion with online and offline elements, the Unsung Hero initiative and the sheer entertainment value of the live stream and all the makeover videos which end up on Mecca Bingo’s YouTube channel and perhaps on the soon to be launched Mecca TV.