The run up to Christmas is well under way now with a whole slew of festive promotions including some very nice freebies.
- Virtue Fusion Bingo Promotions
- 888/Cassava Bingo Promotions
- Jumpman Bingo Promotions
- Cozy Bingo Promotions
- Alternative Bingo Platforms
Virtue Fusion & Playtech Bingo Promotions
Virtue Fusion bingo sites have the majority of the really good bingo (and slot) promotions.
The regular network promotions at Virtue Fusion are all about big prize money – for example, the DOND £25K Prize Night which runs on the third Friday of the month. There’s usually also a one-off running; one of these, the often repeated £1 million slots prize draw promotion, has just finished.
Next up is an escalator jackpot promotion; this runs in a different network room every evening from 10th – 25th December starting at 4pm. The ball count goes up by 2 per hour and the jackpot, which is split 50/50 between the winner and the community, is guaranteed to drop before midnight. The seed values are £10K on the 10th, £11K on the 11th and so on and the rooms involved are the DOND 75 and 90 ball rooms, 75 ball and regular and speed 90 ball.
The escalator jackpot fun doesn’t end there though – immediately following this event there will be DOUBLE escalator events every day from Boxing Day to New Year’s Day. The action starts at noon, in DOND, DOND 75 or network 5 Line (schedules on site), with the ball count going up by 3 per hour – and if the jackpot has not been won by 3.45pm it goes to the maximum guaranteeing a win in the next game. The amounts on offer range from £25,000 to £50,000. At 4pm the action shifts to the network 90 ball room, with the ball count going up by 2 per hour and going to the maximum at 11.45pm if the jackpot hasn’t already dropped. The jackpots in this room range from £30,000 to £60,000 – plus two HUGE jackpots of £150,000 apiece to be won on 28th and 29th December.
December 2018 Highlights at Virtue Fusion Bingo Sites
The newest (and most player friendly) Virtue Fusion bingo site already has a nice selection of exclusive promotions:
- Slot of the Week – in this weekly promotion, the prize pot starts at £500 and grows by 1p every time someone plays £1 on the chosen slot. At the end of the week, the prize pot is to be shared by 10 winners chosen at random from all players who participated (by playing at least £1 on the slot). This week (10th – 16th December) the promotion is a bit different; the minimum spend on the Scrooge’s Jackpot slot is £10 not £1 and while there are still 10 prizes, each one is a Nintendo Switch console. Players can enter the draw multiple times but can only win one prize.
- 31 Days of Christmas Bonuses – every day until 31st December, when players log in they can claim a free offer of a bingo or slot bonus, free spins or entry to a £1000 free bingo room on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve.
- Saturday Night Quiz – this quiz will be played in the Buzz Bingo Blast room between 7pm and 9pm on Saturdays with a different theme each week (throughout December, it will be Christmas themed). The first 10 correct answers to each question (entered as a bonus code rather than in the chat) win £1 bonus for Buzz Bingo Blast or one of their exclusive slot games.
- Blast £5K Progressive Community Jackpot – this promotion runs all the way through until 12th January 2019. For the duration of the promotion, the seed value of the progressive jackpot in the Buzz Bingo Blast room will be £5000 and the the jackpot will be split between all the players in the game it drops in (when someone wins bingo in 18 or fewer calls). Buzz Bingo Blast is a single ticket multi stake game and the share players get will be proportional to their stake.
As always at Buzz, all winnings from bonus play are paid in cash and the only restriction is the £5 minimum withdrawal.
- Whack-A-Bingo Christmas Edition – every day until 1st January, players who have deposited in the last 30 days can play £10 cash on bingo or mini games to gain access to the guaranteed win Whack-A-Bingo bonus game the following day. Prizes are 50p – £5 bingo bonus, £1 games bonus or £5, £250 or £1000 cash. The bonuses do not appear to have any wagering requirements or expiry dates but as the play order at Sun is cash first they will not come into play as long as there is any cash in the player’s account.
- 10 Christmas Wishes – from 1st – 10th December, play £10 cash on bingo, slots or games to enter the following day’s prize draw (this can be done multiple times each day). The top prizes each day are gadgets including tablets, cameras and karaoke machines, and there are 10 runner up prizes of £5 cash.
- Game of the Week promotion – 100% bonus back (up to £10) on losses when you opt in with code WKGAME and deposit and spend £10 on the specified slot (the bonus is for the same slot and has a 20x wagering requirement and 7 days expiry). This week (until December 13th) the slot is Jingle Bells and as usual the promotion also includes free spins (almost always on a different game, winnings paid in cash) on a spend of £25 or £50.
- Stake & Get – this slot promotion runs on a weekly cycle until 23rd December on a different game each week. This week (10th-16th December) opt in with code PLAY and stake £30 on Deal Or No Deal What’s In Your Box or Deal Or No Deal The Perfect Play to receive a £5 bonus or £60 to receive a £10 bonus. The bonus is for the same game again and has a 20x wagering requirement and 7 day expiry.
- Sky Bingo Christmas Dash Bingo Room – this pop-up 75 ball room runs penny bingo and special promotions throughout December
- Winner Winner Christmas Dinner – this promotion runs from 8pm – 10pm on Mondays and Saturdays during December (except Christmas Eve, when it moves to Boxing Day). Opt in with code XMASWINNER then spend £5 cash or more in the Christmas Dash Room during a promo session and if you don’t win a prize, collect a share of the £2000 cash pot the following day.
- Christmas Prize Draw – this runs Monday – Sunday every week until 30th December. Opt in with code XMASDRAW and get one entry for each £20 of cash play in the Christmas Dash room. The top prize each week is £500 cash and there are 150 prizes each week in all.
- Sky Santa – Santa will join the chat in the Christmas Dash room for one hour every day, sometime between 12 noon and midnight. Santa will have physical prizes, cash and bingo bonuses to be won in a series of chat games (open to players with at least 30p worth of tickets to the game in play). Bonus prizes have a 7 day expiry and 1x wagering requirement. To keep things fair, there is a limit of 1 win per player per day and 3 wins per player over the whole promotional period.
Paddy Power Bingo and Betfair Bingo
- These sites occasionally have a bingo or slots offer of the week which is announced on the Monday or Tuesday.
- The most outstanding promotion they run, however, is the absolutely amazing Paddy Power Bingo welcome offer (exclusive to us).
- £100,000 Jingle Bingo – the £25K session runs from 7pm every Saturday in December. It consists of 6 games (one every half hour) – 5 with a prize pool of £1K and 25p ticket price and 1 with a prize pool of £20K and £1 ticket price, all with 10x Roll Ons. Players who buy into the £20K game receive 1 prize draw entry for each tickets they buy. The draw will take place at the end of the promotion and in true Gala money-can’t-buy style, the prize is an evening with Keith Duffy for 4 people.
- Win Hit Wonders Wheel – this daily free game is on site until 1st January 2019 and can be played by anyone who has previously made a deposit at Gala Bingo. Prizes include free spins, free bingo, deposit and mystery bonuses with a top prize of £500 cash, or daily prize draw entries. The prize in the daily draw is VIP tickets for two to see Boyzone at the o2 arena on 7th February 2019.
Coral Bingo and Ladbrokes Bingo
These two sites are part of the same group as Gala and have many of the same bingo rooms and similar promotions – for instance the free guaranteed win daily game (paying 20p – £50 cash) when you spend £10 on bingo. It is themed on a slot machine at Gala, football at Coral and horse racing at Ladbrokes.
Of the two, Ladbrokes seems to have more exclusive promotions and in December, they have an Advent Calendar with a different deposit or spend based offer each day, and the weekly “Christmas At Our House” challenge which requires players to complete tasks to light up rooms in the house, collecting a £5 bingo bonus for each room they light up and entry to a free bingo session on the Monday if they light up all 6 rooms. The tasks are different each week and include getting 10 bingo wins and spending £15 in TV themed bingo rooms.
William Hill Bingo
- December Free Bingo – the 5 x £100 free bingo games play every evening in December in 4 of their bingo rooms, on the hour starting at 6pm. Winnings are paid in cash.
- £300K Bonus Wonderland – this is a series of stake and get promotions, each with limited availability. Each promotion is for one day only and the first 2500 players to enter the code of the day and complete £10 of cash play on the slot of the day collect a £5 bonus for the same slot, with a 30x wagering requirement and 24 hour expiry.
Other Virtue Fusion sites
888/Cassava/Dragonfish Bingo Sites
The familiar 888 / Cassava / Dragonfish bingo software powers several different bingo networks including Dragonfish/Globalcom, Ignite, Netboost and Joy of Bingo (all of which have different bingo rooms and regular promotions) but increasingly we are seeing Dragonfish bingo rooms shared across several networks under different names; the shared liquidity across networks makes for larger prize pots. As well as the widely networked 75 ball and 90 ball rooms, the free bingo and daily jackpot rooms are also now shared across multiple networks (the downside is that with more players, the chance of winning goes down).
There used to be lots of Dragonfish powered sites running exclusive promotions but these days, only a few publicise them to all (in many cases, promotions are sent via email to selected players).
Costa Bingo and other sites on the Ignite network were known for their monthly prize games with substantial prizes but currently these have been replaced with low cost weekly games with different prizes at each site – most of which now have a seasonal flavour. For example, in December the Saturday 1p games have prizes of Christmas decorations at Fancy Bingo, a chocolate hamper at Monkey Bingo or a £75 iTunes card at Rewind Bingo. Costa also have a Christmas enhancement to their daily free game for depositors, Catching Rays. Until 31st December, all participating players will be entered into a weekly draw for 5 x £50 M&S vouchers.
Robin Hood Bingo and other Netboost bingo sites have Santa’s Specials – a series of daily offers which can be revealed by visiting the promo page on the day. There’s also some seasonal special bingo games. One is a 75 ball daily sliding jackpot game playing at 10pm; the headline prize of £2500 requires bingo in 40 or fewer calls which is unlikely (though not ridiculously so) and in most case, it is the prize of £150 for 50 calls or more that will be paid out. Tickets are priced at a rather unattractive £1 so it may be worth waiting to see if they give away any free tickets. The other game is the New Year’s £2019 jackpot – a fixed jackpot 90 ball game with tickets priced at just 1p. These games and some other Netboost bingo rooms are also running at some sites on the main Dragonfish network (Sin Street Bingo is one) that are ultimately owned by the same operator as the Netboost sites – Stride Gaming.
Chit Chat Bingo & sister sites have a bonus calendar showing which deposit based offer can be claimed on which day – there’s bingo bonus, games bonus, bonus spins and free bingo tickets at various times during the week. Their exclusive Royal Room is open three times a week (one session is for VIPs only). Crack The Sledge runs until 15th December at all their sites apart from the no-wagering site Loadsa Bingo; the aim is for players to acquire a collective total of 350,000 loyalty points. If they do (and it is looking likely), all participating players will receive 10% cash back on losses from 15th November – 15th December, paid in 4 installments on 17th, 24th and 31st December and 7th January. The top three points scorers also win tangible prizes – wireless headphones for 1st, wireless speakers for 2nd and an Echo Dot for 3rd.
Iceland Bingo has various exclusive promotions including the Freezer bingo room with £400 of fixed pots every evening. Until 25th December they have an Advent Calendar which can be unlocked by depositing £10 or more with code ADVENT. Each door of the calendar reveals a symbol – collect three of a kind to win the corresponding prize – including bonus codes, free spins and loyalty points. There’s also the £5000 Christmas Cracker 90 ball game at 9pm on Christmas Day with tickets priced at 50p. FH wins a £1250 Virgin Experience Days voucher, 2L a £750 voucher, 1L a £500 voucher and the remaining £2500 comes in the form of a real cash pot to be split between the tickets held by non winning players.
Arguably the best regular promotion at Dragonfish powered sites is the ongoing daily free spins offer (with winnings paid in cash but subject to a cap) and daily free bingo tickets offer (for the Kaching daily jackpot room) that is available at all Real Bingo (i.e. no wagering) Dragonfish sites as part of the loyalty scheme.
The Joy of Bingo network which includes 888Ladies, Wink Bingo, Red Bus Bingo, and Posh Bingo (as well as a few others) runs occasional seasonal specials (usually in the form of a bonus game). Apart from Wink Bingo they all have a new daily scratchcard, Genie’s Wish, which can be played by anyone who has deposited £20 or more in the last 7 days. Prizes include bingo bonus, bingo tickets and slot spins, but a win is not guaranteed. At Wink, the game can be played once by new players only, no deposit needed. Wink also have a Christmas special new player offer until 17th December. The Christmas Bonus Market promotion is live until 25th December, offering 4 different bonus games that can be played up to 3 times a day each; to play, deposit £25+ with the appropriate code.
Jumpman Bingo Promotions
Jumpman bingo sites are currently part way through a mass migration exercise which will see all pre 2018 sites either closed or moved on to the new Jumpman software and all networked together. The big plus point of this new software is the huge range of slots. There is very little in the way of exclusive promotions as yet – but Rocket Bingo now have some, including 5 free bingo games every day that can be played without making a deposit, an exclusive weekly jackpot game and a weekly puzzle competition via their Facebook page.
Many of the Jumpman special promotions are only visible after login but we can tell you that the 15 Network sites have an Advent Calendar style promotion running on selected days until the end of the month – a typical offer would be some extra bonus spins on login plus the opportunity to spin an enhanced festive version of the Mega Wheel to win spins on Net Ent’s new slot game Jingle Spin after making a deposit.
Cozy Bingo Promotions
The most notable promotion at Cozy bingo sites is the network free bingo room for new players which is open 24/7 and can be accessed for 7 days after validating a credit or debit card. The prizes are bingo bonus and there is a cap of £20 on what can be carried forward on making a deposit.
They usually have at least one network slot promotion also (sometimes more at the Lucky Duck Network, the home of Becky’s Bingo) and currently it is:
- Santa’s Giveaway – this series of promotions runs throughout December promising prizes of “£20,000+ cash and 1000s of bonuses in gifts” but a deposit is required even to see what the promotions are.
If you like the Cozy bingo software but aren’t keen on the Cozy network, the Cozy promotions, or the range of slot games on offer at Cozy bingo sites (admittedly these are much better than they once were), you might want to head over to Mr Green. This award winning casino has standalone Cozy powered 75 ball, 80 ball and 90 ball bingo rooms alongside a huge array of slot games and casino promotions (some of which are exclusive to UK players).
Alternative Bingo Platforms
Had enough of Virtue Fusion, Dragonfish, Jumpman and Cozy? There are a number of other options out there, and some of them run some great promotions.
Gamesys Bingo Promotions
Gamesys unveiled new welcome offers on all their sites earlier in the year, moving from a bonus based offer to a free spins based offer with zero wagering requirements. The free spins are released after the player deposits and plays through £10 or more and this has to be done within 30 days of registration. At Heart Bingo and Jackpot Joy (the two sites with bingo) players also receive free bingo tickets which can be redeemed in most of their bingo rooms against any game that is starting soon regardless of ticket price.
Promotions at Heart Bingo often offer the chance to win a Box Bonanza game – a pick-me where the player is shown three boxes to choose from (most, but not necessarily all boxes contain a mystery cash prize).
- Christmas Treats – open the bauble of the day in this Advent Calendar style promotion to reveal the prize of the day, then play £5 on any game to enter that day’s prize draw. There are 5 prizes per day, including lavish hampers, designer accessories, gadgets and weekend breaks. Players also receive an entry to the Box Bonanza finale draw for each day they enter a daily draw.
- Season’s Travels – this pair of prize draws have prizes of holidays, one to Dubai and one to Reykjavik. Opt in by selecting the prize of your choice then play £5 on Santas crackers (Dubai) or Xmas Riches (Reykjavik) before 12th December to enter.
Microgaming Bingo Promotions
Butlers Bingo (and its sister sites which include Glossy Bingo and Rosy Bingo ) have two exclusive bingo rooms. The Broadway Room is a standalone 90 ball room open in the afternoons and evenings offering a variety of jackpots (occasionally one-off specials) and in the Spinner Room (open in the evenings), you can win bonus spins on specified slots; these rooms are clearly popular with players and led to Butlers winning awards last year for best Microgaming bingo site and for the best innovation in online bingo. The Broadway sites are also rather active on social media and put promotions such as prize draws out that way. They also run occasional special promotions and for the last few months these have been based round escalator jackpots.
December’s Win A Car escalator jackpot promotion, which is running as part of the Golden Season series of seasonal promotions, is much bigger and better than anything previously run – there are FOUR cars to be won, one each week (finishing 8th, 15th, 22nd and 31st December) and there are 35 Win A Car games each day. The ball count increases slowly in the course of the week and if the car hasn’t been won by 7pm on the final day, the ball count increases rapidly ensuring it will be won by 8pm.
Later in December, the Broadway sites are running the Microgaming network bingo promotion 12 Days of Christmas with £230K in guaranteed prizes and there’s also a series of slot promotions. Most of these are leaderboards but there’s also the Big Christmas Draw which has cash prizes worth £5000 and starts on 20th December.
32 Red Bingo (which incidentally is now owned by the Kindred group, operators of all the Relax Gaming bingo sites) had a badly needed redesign a few months ago and now features an exclusive 90 ball bingo room – a TV tie-in with Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. It is the only Microgaming bingo site still to offer a no deposit bonus and it also has a newbie room (open lunchtimes only) where new depositing players can win slot spins, bingo tickets, bonuses and the like for their first 5 days.
Daub Alderney Bingo Promotions
Daub Alderney have four bingo sites – Kitty Bingo, Lucky Pants Bingo, Bingo Extra and the charity site Give Back Bingo – which combine shared rooms and promotions with exclusive ones and offer the opportunity to play bingo on a different platform with a particularly good range of slots.
Most weeks, there is a promotion whereby players can deposit and/or play Monday – Thursday to collect some kind of reward on Friday. This week (10th – 13th), the Santa Paws promotion awards a guaranteed prize to everyone who opts in and deposits at least £5. Players score one point for each £5 deposit (max 5 points), for each £5 played on bingo and for each £20 played on slots and at the end of the promo period their prize depends on how many points they scored – ranging from 5 bonus spins (max win £5) for 1-4 points all the way up to £50 cash for 100+ points.
Also running this week (until 16th December) is a cash drop promotion. A £25 cash prize will be randomly awarded every half hour from 8pm – 10pm in one of 4 bingo rooms, to a player who holds tickets for the game playing at the time.
A deposit based promotion runs every Thursday, awarding 10 bonus spins (for Stride exclusive slot games) on every deposit of £5 or more. Each bundle of 10 spins has a max convertible of £5 and a 25x wagering requirement.
Relax Gaming Bingo Promotions
The Relax Gaming bingo platform has only been around since July 2015 and is exclusively found at sites operated by the Kindred Group (aka Unibet).
Despite only powering a handful of sites including Maria Casino and Bingo.com the Relax network has a lot of players (many of whom are from Scandinavia rather than the UK); the bingo rooms are always busy and the prize money is substantial.
The Santa’s Cash Drop promotion runs every day until Christmas Eve in one of 5 bingo rooms (timetable on site and also identifiable from the lobby) with £25,000 to be given away in all. 150 drops take place each day and to be eligible, players must have a minimum of 3 tickets in play for 90 Ball Strips and a minimum of 2 tickets for 75 Ball Variant rooms. The drop amount is revealed just after ticket sales close and the drop happens a few seconds later before the game starts. It’s fun to watch – the parcel is dropped from a sleigh pulled by reindeer, with a tag showing the player’s name and the amount. The room where the drops are taking place is inevitably very busy and this means the prizes are much bigger than usual as well.
There’s also a special Christmas themed bingo room which is open from 6pm until 7pm only. It includes some free games.
Bede Gaming Bingo Promotions
The Bede Gaming bingo software powers Crown Bingo and a couple of others. They run one-off slots/casino promotions from time to time and for December, there is an Advent Calendar with a different offer every day.
Since the whole network has recently been bought by casino giant Leo Vegas, we expect it to move more and more towards casino and indeed this already seems to be happening with a casino focused redesign and no deposit slot bonus offer for BingoStars plus the closure at the end of last month of three of their brands (Bingo Godz, Bingo Loopy and BingoS).
Tombola Bingo Promotions
As far as promotions go, Tombola are best known for running daily free games. Stars has £30,000 in prizes to be won each week and runs unless replaced by a seasonal special (such as the Advent Calendar). To participate, players need to register a mobile number to be sent an access code each week. The code can then be used to access a ticket for the week’s play and this can be done on both Tombola Bingo and Tombola Arcade (a separate instant games site which can be accessed with a Tombola Bingo login) giving the player two chances to win. Each day, six numbers are called from the universe of 50 and players have to check their ticket and collect any stars with matching numbers. The aim is to complete the ticket by collecting 25 stars over the course of the week and each week, the £30,000 prize fund is shared equally between all the completed tickets (in the event that no-one wins, it rolls over to the following week increasing that week’s prize fund to £60,000 and this has happened a few times to date). Players have been winning some very substantial amounts on this game.
Stars is currently taking a break to make room for the I’m a Celebrity promotions line-up and the Tombola Advent Calendar, which is on site from 1st – 24th December. As in previous years, the aim is to collect three of a kind of the festive symbols and all players who play the Advent Calendar every day are guaranteed to win a prize of some kind. There’s also the usual Christmas Raffle which runs weekly from 3rd December; tickets are sent via text message and prizes include Tombola hoodies, iPhones and a holiday for 2 to New York City. Click on the link in the text to see whether you have won anything.