Gamesys Bingo Sites
- There are only a few Gamesys bingo sites but they have a huge user base
- This is not as big as it once was, however, due to the departure of Sun Bingo in August 2016
- Gamesys bingo sites have many exclusive Gamesys slots
- Gamesys bingo sites often run very attractive prize draw promotions
- Gamesys is proud of its integrity as a responsible and fair gaming operator
Heart Radio’s bingo site is powered by Gamesys and runs exclusive promotions which are often music related. There’s also a button to have the…
Virgin Games was taken over by Gamesys in early 2013 but it wasn’t until the summer of 2015 that it received a much needed makeover….
Jackpot Joy is a venerable, award winning site offering a great selection of bingo games, slots and instants from Gamesys, together with a never-ending…
Caesars Bingo is a Gamesys bingo site bearing the branding of the famous Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. It has been around for a few years now…
These were the first real money games allowed on Facebook and mixed bingo and slots with cute furry animals. Essentially, they were parts of…
You might think that because there aren't that many bingo sites powered by Gamesys, they don't have much market penetration. But you'd be wrong; some of the sites they power are absolutely huge; in 2012, for example, over 4 billion pounds cash was wagered by Gamesys users.
- Gamesys history
- Gamesys sites
- What next?
Gamesys was founded in 2001 by Noel Hayden, and growth has been phenomenal since the launch of Jackpot Joy in 2002. A young and vibrant company, they are known for wacky publicity stunts such as sending a giant rubber ducky down the River Thames.
In early 2015, the sale of Jackpot Joy
to giant Canadian company Intertain
was announced. Intertain also own the Mandalay Media
group of bingo sites. It's unlikely that players will notice any difference as a result of this deal, though, as it involves Gamesys continuing to manage Jackpot Joy for a further 10 years.
Which sites run on the Gamesys platform?
Jackpot Joy, Virgin Games, Heart Bingo, Caesars Bingo and the slots site Starspins are the UK-facing ones. Sun Bingo and Fabulous Bingo used to be Gamesys bingo sites but migrated to Virtue Fusion in August 2016. There are also a few sites such as Woman's Own Bingo that are actually just Jackpot Joy with a different masthead and surround. Gamesys also have a Spanish language and a Swedish language site, and one of New Jersey's legal online casinos.
What's special about the Gamesys platform?
- Gamesys bingo variants such as Take Me Out Bingo
- Gamesys powered slots such as Double Bubble and Wonderland that are not available anywhere else (as well as slots by well known names such as WMS, IGT and Net Entertainment)
- Super Links networked games with substantial prizes, every half hour apart from late night/early morning
- Distinctive promotions, including frequent prize draws that are limited to one entry per player per day and email photo contests with no spend required
- Welcome bonus not restricted to bingo - it can be used on slots (but they contribute less to the wagering requirement). Maximum bonus tends to be considerably larger than at Virtue Fusion bingo sites with deposits of up to £100 typically attracting bonuses.
What's not so great?
Mobile service is restricted to a few slots and casino games and a couple of bingo rooms (and even that is not available at all of their sites).
Gamesys was the first company to bring cash gaming to Facebook in the form of Bingo and Slots Friendzy
(only available to UK users aged 18+) but this was not a success and the app was closed in May 2014. Since then they have launched further Facebook apps including a free to play version of the most popular games from Jackpot Joy and the freemium MMO Here Be Monsters which can be played via Facebook or on a standalone site . Social gaming represents a huge market, and it seems that Gamesys are concentrating a large part of their energies there. As far as mobile bingo goes, the main development has gone into the iOS and Android versions of Bingo Lane which is a Facebook social bingo game where you can't win any real money, and it remains to be seen whether a full version of the Gamesys real money bingo platform will be released for mobile (there is currently a cut down version).
Gamesys clocked up another first in 2015, bringing legal online 90 ball bingo to US players via the New Jersey licensed Virgin Casino.